The Historic Preservation Section develops, promotes, and implements comprehensive, general and special plans and programs involving historic preservation planning activities. Many of the specific responsibilities include:
- Enforce Historic Preservation Ordinance;
- Review and process nominations for local historic landmarks;
- Promote public education, involvement, and awareness of historic preservation;
- Manage County-wide rural historic structural survey;
- Provide technical design, historical, and policy guidance;
Provide staff services for committees which include the Historic Preservation Commission and Land Use and Development Committee of the Will County Board. Upcoming agendas for these review bodies are available.