Safe Passage Program logo

Will County Safe Passage Network

One of the major barriers to reducing opioid overdose deaths is access to treatment!  If you suffer from a substance use disorder Will County participating police departments can help you receive the appropriate treatment regardless of insurance status.

Follow these three simple steps if you need treatment.

  1. Locate a participating police department.
  2. Walk-in through the main doors of the department nearest you.
  3. Tell the clerk at the reception window you want to participate in the Safe Passage program.

What happens next…

  • If clear symptoms of withdrawal or of any health- or life-threatening medical conditions are present, immediate medical attention will be provided.
  • A simple registration interview, warrant check and search will be conducted. An outstanding warrant may make you ineligible for the program.
  • Family Guidance Centers, Inc. will facilitate the transfer to treatment.

The police departments recognize that arresting people does not help us with the opioid crisis. A public health approach addresses addiction as a disease that needs medical care, not incarceration.

Participation in Safe Passage does not involve criminal charges nor require the filing of a police report.

Contact one of these participating police departments to be directly connected to treatment.

Participating police departments include:

Braidwood, C.H.A.N.G.E Program, 141 W. Main St. 815-458-2341

Elwood, 401 E. Mississippi Ave., 815-423-5411

Lemont, 14600 127th St, 630-257-2229

Lockport, 1212 S Farrell Rd, 815-838-2131

Mokena, 10907 Front St, 708- 479-3911

New Lenox, 200 Veterans Parkway, 815- 462-6100

Park Forest, 200 Lakewood Blvd., 708-748-4701

Romeoville, 1050 W Romeo Rd, 815-886-7219

Shorewood, 903 W. Jefferson St, 815-725-1460

Will County Sheriff, 16911 W. Laraway Rd, 815-727-8575