IMPORTANT NOTICE: CURRENT WILL COUNTY LAND USE DEPARTMENT OFFICE POLICIES
Effective Tuesday, February 16, 2021, the Will County Land Use Department will begin allowing additional limited public access to the 1st floor office which includes public interaction at the workstations. We desire to maintain a safe workplace and adopt practices protecting the health of employees and customers while ensuring the continuity of business operations.
- The Department will maintain normal business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We are located at 58 E. Clinton St., Suite 100, Joliet, IL 60432.
- All customers entering the office must check their temperature at the temperature check station.
- All customers must wear face coverings.
- Customer capacity is limited to six (6).
- Permanent sneeze guards have been installed at workstations and the reception counter on the 1st floor.
- Customers will only be allowed to interact with staff at the 1st floor workstations.
- The Department encourages customers to use the online permitting portal and to conduct business by mail, E-mail, or telephone. You can access the portal through this link: https://co-will-il.smartgovcommunity.com/Public/Home
- Inspections are being performed in accordance with office protocol which is posted on the portal. You can also use the portal to schedule inspections or call us at (815) 774-3321. Please include your contact information, permit number, property address, the specific inspection(s) being requested, and a desired inspection date.
The Will County Land Use Department appreciates your patience and understanding during this time. These operational guidelines are consistent with Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) recommendations. Operations of the Will County Land Use Department fall under both Essential Infrastructure (construction, sold waste and recycling, etc.) and Essential Government Functions. For inquiries and questions, please call (815) 774-3321.